In the era of selfie-obsession, it’s no surprise that Instagrammers go crazy over filters.
What was once a simple way to add some spice to our photos with a little bit of summer has now become an opportunity for Insta-perfection. The popular photo app boasts over 700 million active users and is home to more than 35 million photos hashtagged #Instafilter.
To help you get started on your own photo journey, we have got the inside scoop on how to use aurora filter on instagram like a pro.
What is the Aurora Filter?
The Aurora filter has been hailed as one of the most artistic and creative filters available to Insta-dubbers. Fittingly, the filter can be used to create images that look like they were captured beneath a beautiful aurora borealis (AKA the Northern Lights).
If you want to add some stunning colors to your feed, this filter is the way to go. The filter uses a combination of cool and warm colors to create a range of red, purple, and blue tones in your picture.
And while the colors are definitely eye-catching, they are blended in a way that does not look too over the top or unnatural. If you are looking for a filter that will make your photo stand out while still being pretty and natural, the Aurora filter may be the perfect choice for you.
How To Use the Aurora Filter on Instagram?
- First things you will have to have the images you want to edit downloaded to your phone.
- Next select the Runaway Aurora to apply to your photo.This can be done in a few different ways
- You can tap or swipe on the screen to select a filter, use a slider to adjust the intensity of the filter, or use the image selection tool to choose a specific area of the image to apply the filter to.
- Now that you have selected your filter, you will want to make sure your image is well edited and optimized.
- To do this adjust your image brightness, contrast, and tint. You can also use editing tools such as the liquify filter, eraser tool, and various blurs to add style and creativity to your photo.
How to Apply Filters on Instagram
The easiest way to do this is by tapping on the image you want to edit, swiping up to select the filter you wold like to use, and then tapping the “Add” button to add your edited image to your feed.
If you are looking to save your edited image as an image file on your phone tap the three dots in the top right corner of your screen, select the “Save Image” option, and then select the location to save your edited image.
Tips for Using the Aurora Filter and Other Instagram Filters
Before you start applying filters to your photos, make sure you do a little bit of research on the popular filters. By being familiar with the names, strengths, and weaknesses of popular filters, you will be able to use the filters to their full potential.
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your filter usage.
- Make sure the image you want to edit is well-lit. You do not want it to appear too dark or too bright.
- Are you going for something fun and upbeat? Or do you want your photo to appear more serious and artistic? Think about the mood and tone of your image.
- When you are selecting a filter, take a moment to consider what type of image you want to appear in your feed. You do not want every image to look exactly the same.
This is definitely a filter worth investing in and getting to know. The filter offers a ton of versatility and can be used in so many different ways, especially when you mix it with other filters and editing tools.
Plus, the filter itself is really simple to apply: There is no extra button pushing or trick selecting required. If you are looking for a filter that will make your photo stand out from the crowd without being too over-the-top, the Aurora filter is definitely a worthy investment.
The filter is also super easy to blend with other filters, which makes it even more versatile. If you are looking for a filter that offers lots of creative freedom and ease of use, the Aurora filter is definitely one to add to your list of popular filters to try.